Part-Time (15 hrs per week)
Reports to: Lee Ann Porter, Executive Director
Salary Range: $13/hr with the opportunity for a raise after 6 months.
Location: Galesburg, IL (77 S. Henderson St. 61401)
Start Day: By 9/1/2020
Education Requirements: High School Diploma. Associates Degree or higher preferred.
About: Loving Bottoms Diaper Bank partners with local social service agencies to provide diapers, period products, and adult incontinence supplies to low-income families and individuals while raising awareness of the lack of basic health needs. Our mission is to eliminate the existence of the lack of basic needs in our community so that everyone has a chance to be healthy, happy, and safe. We were started in September of 2015 and have been experiencing growth and success since then.
Description: The Program Coordinator for Loving Bottoms Diaper Bank will be managing our Diaper Distribution Program. This includes tracking incoming inventory and outgoing distribution of over 50,000 diapers each month. It also involves maintaining communication with our active partner agencies and ensuring each one is compliant according to the terms and conditions of our partnership. We track our program through monthly reports and surveys given to every client receiving diapers—the data from this must be input into a system and tracked. The Program Manager will ensure proper input and reporting as well as generate reports based on this information. To distribute over 50,000 diapers a month, we need help from our amazing volunteers. The Program Manager will schedule, coordinate, and oversee groups of volunteers during open wrapping days and private wrapping events to ensure we can fill agency orders on time. This role will be a key player in the success and continued growth of Loving Bottoms Diaper Bank and will allow us to better serve our network of partner agencies in the West Central Illinois Region.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple duties and priorities in deadline-intensive situations
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with Google Drive preferred
- The ability to handle conflict, confrontation, and uncomfortable situations head-on and with grace.
- Must be able to work/stand on your feet for several hours at a time when at the warehouse
- Should be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs short distances
- Able to flourish in a creative team environment as well as operate independently
- Experience building volunteer teams and leading them to excellent execution
- Demonstrated ability for public speaking and delivering a compelling message (which would be about our organization, mission, and goals)
Schedule and Flexibility: Hours worked each week will take place at the LBDB warehouse. The warehouse hours will be fairly set and consistent (Tuesdays 8:30am-12:30pm and Wednesdays 12:30-3:30), and the other hours worked are very flexible. There will be one to two 2-hour shifts with volunteers required each month on Monday evening 6:15-8:15pm. We are closed between December 24th and January 1st.
Breakdown of responsibilities:
- Overseeing diaper wrapping, order filling, partner agency pick-up of orders, inventory, warehouse organization.
- Managing partner agency collaborations.
- Volunteer coordination, management, and tracking.
- Collecting, inputting, and organizing data related to the diaper distribution program.
Benefits: This position is an opportunity to join a new and growing nonprofit in Galesburg that serves the West Central Illinois region. Our board of directors, donors, and volunteers are hands-on and energized around the success of Loving Bottoms Diaper Bank. A flexible schedule, paid time off, and company holidays are offered as well.
Phone Interviews will begin the first week of August 2020.
In-person interviews for the second round will be scheduled for the second week of August.
Notification of hiring decision will be on or before August 20th 2020
Resumes: Please email resume and cover letter to Lee Ann Porter: email@example.com
Questions? Contact Lee Ann Porter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Loving Bottoms Diaper Bank does not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.