|Diaper Drives||Donate||Trivia Night||Sponsors|
50K in 50 Days is Loving Bottoms Diaper Bank’s largest outreach event and will be the areas largest Diaper Drive! Our network of diaper “ambassadors” help us by hosting drives to collect diapers between August 11th and September 29th in order to counter diaper need in our community.
What is Diaper Need?
Most simply, diaper need is when families cannot afford to buy clean diapers for their babies. One in three US families has suffered from diaper need. A month’s supply of diapers can cost $70 per child. Without a day’s supply of diapers, parents can’t take their child to daycare, which means that they must skip work/training.
Why 50K in 50 Days?
- In 2016 we provided families with over 33,000 diapers in Knox County.
- Half way through 2017 we have provided over 40,000 diapers to families. We predict we will distribute over 70,000 diapers by the year’s end.
- We distribute diapers to families who need them, when they need them, working with 8 social service agencies covering Knox, Warren, Mercer, Henderson, and Fulton Counties.
- We provide to families in many different situations to ease the issues caused by extreme poverty – from families escaping domestic violence, to families with children who have life-limiting illnesses.
Hosting a diaper drive for 50K in 50 Days is fun and totally customizable. Here are a few ideas:
- Drive at Work – Compete to see which department can collect the most diapers.
- Party! – Use your Labor Day barbeque, your birthday gathering, or your annual family picnic as an excuse for a diaper drive, encourage guests to bring diapers instead of gifts and have a great time while making a difference.
- Drive at Church – Hold a drive at your service and include a request in your regular bulletin. We would be happy to provide you with materials for parishioners to take away.
- Involve your Rotary or other groups – Invite a spokesperson from Loving Bottoms Diaper Bank to come and speak to your group about our work, celebrate the event with a diaper drive.
- Kids – Host a lemonade stand and buy diapers with proceeds (or we will buy them for you!).
- Online – Create a Facebook fundraiser and collect donations to help us buy diapers in the sizes we need most.
These are suggestions, but we want you to get creative and to share your ideas with us, we’d love to celebrate your hard work on our website and through social media!
Diaper Drive Resources
Most Needed Items:
Size 3, 4 and 5 Diapers
Pull ups sizes 3T-4T and 4T-5T
Potty Training pants all sizes (new)
Hygiene items – wipes, baby shampoo and diaper cream
We also accept open packages of diapers.
Drop off diapers – We have partnered with businesses throughout our service area to host diaper drop boxes. Diapers can be dropped off during regular business hours.
1055 N. Henderson St. Galesburg, IL 61401
| First Mid -Illinois Bank – Main
101 E. Main St. Galesburg, IL 61401First Mid-Illinois Bank -Henderson
1035 N. Henderson St. Galesburg, IL 61401
| Pete’s Auto Body
2345 Grand Avenue Galesburg, IL 61401
319 E. Main St.
Galesburg, IL 61401
| First Mid-Illinois Bank
331 E. Main St. Knoxville, IL 61448
|Jamieson Community Center
1025 S. 2nd St. Monmouth, IL 61462
Oquawka & Stronghurst
|Fisher’s Food Center|
A trivia night to celebrate the finale of our 50K in 50 Days Community Diaper Drive will be held on Saturday, September 30th at the Knoxville American Legion. Visit our Trivia Night Event Page for full details and to register your team.
Interested in being a 50K in 50 Days sponsor? Download our 50K in 50 Days Sponsor Packet for full details.