Loving Bottoms Diaper Bank aims to strengthen social services in West Central Illinois by helping agencies and organizations provide people and families with a reliable source of basic baby needs and personal hygiene products.
Through bringing communities together and raising awareness, we can create a world where people have all they need to live active lives and raise a healthy, happy family.
In June of 2014, Lee Ann Porter read an article discussing the silent problem of diaper need. Realizing that her community did not have a diaper bank and that most local charities rarely have diapers available, she decided to start Loving Bottoms.
- September 2015 – Loving Bottoms Diaper Bank was founded.
- March 2016 – First diapers were distributed in partnership with the Galesburg Salvation Army.
- December 2016 – Expanded program to include Warren County.
- February 2017 – Moved from founder’s home to a donated classroom.
- June 2017 – Expanded program to include Henderson, Mercer and Fulton Counties.
- November 2017 – 100,000th diaper distributed.
- January 2018 – Moved into our first warehouse, doubling our space.
- August 2018 – Started to distribute period supplies.
- January 2019 – Expanded program to include Peoria County.
- February 2019 – 250,000th diaper distributed.
- May 2020 – Expanded from 1,500 sf warehouse to a 5,000 sf warehouse.
Today Loving Bottoms provides diapers to social service organizations that are already helping families in need with services and programs. Diapers act as a “gateway” to introduce families to social service agencies and other vital resources.
Loving Bottoms has partnered with agencies to distribute diapers in Knox, Fulton, Warren, Mercer, Henderson, and Peoria Counties, Illinois. Over 18,000 diapers are distributed monthly helping over 360 babies, and those numbers continue to increase each month.